greetings to Tonya and anyone else new I might have missed……we welcome everyone and please post often…..I know there are a lot of us who don’t have anyone other than immediate family to chit-chat with abt the FF in our lives and if they are off on a fire like my people are all we have is each other…..
Couple of hints about the list:
1. We do enjoy a good serious conversation,,,,such as the new shelter project we did….
2. We can get extremely humorous……..that’s a good thing considering what we deal with.
3. We get real sappy and whinny when we think we are being ignored etc…..or our SO has been gone for what seems like years.
4. if something does come along that is taken as offensive you can take it private thru the Ab’s……remember, we cannot see faces or read body language so things can be mis-understood easily. There has been almost nil actual friction among us….certainly not like gets going on the They Said list so please don’t let the gruffy professional folks on that “other” list scare you off. We are very friendly here and tend to be overly supportive to each other….
I do think we need a list of the abbreviations we use and even can start some new ones to save our fingers so I will start and then we can each make our own list if needed to translate our conversations…..
2. SO—-significant other
3. NF—–National Forest
5. WT—-water tender
6. SJ—smoke jumper
7. HS—-hot shot
8. Abs—cute ghosts who run They Said
9. BLM—Bureau Land Management
10. DOL—-Dept of Lands
11. IC—-Incident Commander
please send in your abbreviations gotta go do chores….