Wildlandfire.com Privacy & Disclaimer Page
Thank you for visiting wildlandfire.com. We look forward to interacting with you in our wildlandfire.com community. We are committed to protecting and safeguarding your privacy -- including ip addresses, nicknames, and email addresses -- to the best of our ability, as we have since 1997. The purpose of this Privacy Statement is to inform you about the types of information we collect about you when you register for membership and visit our site, how we use that information and the rare circumstances under which we might be required to disclose that information.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT & HOW WE USE IT
In part, the way you chose to register and interact with the Wildlandfire.com Community determines how much Personally Identifiable information is available to us and others. During the registration process, you need not reveal your real name but you must provide a User Name (nickname), a password, and a valid email address. The User Name will be visible to other members and the public when you interact or participate in various areas of the website. To protect your privacy, we recommend you NOT use your real name as your User Name.
- The email address you provide during the registration process is used to validate your request and remains a permanent part of your personal account information. There are many areas on the website where a member may elect to be notified via email of changing or updated content. It is critical that each member keep their email address current.
- To better serve our members, it helps us to know where they are located. If a member is comfortable sharing the information, we appreciate them completing the two optional fields in their profile of City and State.
- Log Files:
Like many other Web sites, wildlandfire.com makes use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol ( IP ) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider ( ISP ), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
- Cookies and Web Beacons:
Google's use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to users based on their visit to www.wildphotoclub.com and other sites on the Internet.
- www.wildlandfire.com has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
- If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers' respective websites.
Sharing Your Personal Information
- We do not and will never use or divulge any Personally Identifiable Information, including email addresses, nor will we provide such information to any other third party, barring a court order or subpoena.
- The only time we may release Personally Identifiable Information is when we believe that such release is reasonably necessary to enforce or apply our policies to protect the rights, property, and safety of others and ourselves.
Information You Share on the Site
- By submitting information to the Wildlandfire.com website, you are providing permanent permission for us to publish and make public said content whether in the form of text, url links, images, photos, or videos.
Cancelling Your Account
- In the event an existing member desires to stop participating, they may cancel their membership at any time with a request using the Contact Us link at the bottom of each page. Due to the nature of some areas of our website such as a discussion area, it is impossible and unreasonable for us to remove "all" contributions the cancelling member has submitted for publication.
- Some areas of the website allow a member to edit or remove submitted information and some do not. If a member has submitted content needing to be edited or removed, please contact our staff using the Contact Us link at the bottom of each page so we can help resolve the issue.
- This web site is owned and operated by Wildlandfire.com LLC.
- Wildlandfire.com LLC is committed to responsible and reliable publishing, however some submitted content may be beyond our ability to verify or determine the authenticity of. Wildlandfire.com will not be responsible or liable for how individuals or organizations use the information contained on this site.
- Links to third-party web sites outside the domain of Wildlandfire.com may be provided solely for your information and convenience, or to provide additional information for various goods and services. If you use these links, you will leave our web site. This Privacy Statement does not cover the information practices of those web sites linked from our site, nor do we control their content or privacy policies. We suggest that you carefully review the privacy policies of each site you visit.
- Member submitted content includes opinions and commentary of the submitting individuals. These views do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Wildlandfire.com.
- Wildlandfire.com LLC reserves the right to decline to publish submissions we feel are detrimental to our interests.
- We operate on secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection. We have standard industry security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of our web content.
- Our Internet Server Provider has a proven, reliable record of 99.9% online time. However, in the event of any "down time", whether scheduled or unplanned, Wildlandfire.com will not be held responsible or liable, nor provide any refunds, rebates, or extensions to any advertiser or sponsor.
CHANGES TO THIS STATEMENT
- Any updates or changes to the terms of this Privacy Statement and Disclaimer will be posted here on our site and the date of the newest version posted below. Please check back frequently, especially before you submit any Personally Identifiable Information at our Site, to see if this Privacy Statement has changed.
- By using our Site, you acknowledge acceptance of this Privacy Statement in effect at the time of use.
If you have any concerns about our use of your information or about this Privacy Statement, please send a message in the box below. We will make every reasonable effort to address your concerns and remedy any problems you bring to our attention.
WLF Privacy Contact: WLF Admin
Last Update: September 7, 2012